Tecmate attaches great importance to the protection of your personal data and the respect for your privacy. In this Privacy Statement, we want to provide clear and transparent information about the data that we collect and how we handle personal data. We do everything to ensure your privacy and therefore handle personal data with care. Tecmate complies with the applicable legislation and regulations in all cases, including the GDPR of 25 May 2018.
At Tecmate, we are responsible for the processing of your personal data. If, after reading our Privacy Statement or generally speaking, you have questions about it or wish to contact us, you can do so via the contact details below:
Tecmate International NV
3300 Tienen, Belgium
Why do we process personal data?
Your personal data is processed by Tecmate for the following purposes:
- The execution of an agreement concerning the delivery of Tecmate products. We process your personal data in the context of orders, accounting and invoicing, and to keep you informed about the status of your orders. Tecmate collects the following personal data for this: surname, first name, title, position, e-mail address, telephone number, mobile telephone number, company address, language of the company and the country where your company is located. The processing of personal data for the above purpose is necessary for the execution of an agreement.
- Marketing & Communication. We keep importers and distributors up to date on our products, our price lists, our promotions and product launches, relevant information, etc. Dealers receive informative and educational mailings from Tecmate about batteries and battery chargers. For the purpose stated above, we request, collect and process the following information: surname, first name, title, position, e-mail address, telephone number, mobile telephone number, company address, language of the company and the country where your company is located. The processing of personal data for the above purpose is based on legitimate need.
- Customer Service. In order to be able to answer your questions and offer the best possible service, we collect the following data: surname, first name and your e-mail address. The processing of personal data for the above purpose is based on legitimate need and for the purpose of executing an agreement.
- Legal Purposes. In certain cases, we must use your information to handle and resolve legal disputes, or for investigative and compliance purposes required by law and regulations. The processing of personal data for the above purpose is based on legitimate need.
- Detection and prevention of fraud. We may use your personal data to detect and prevent fraud and other illegal activities. The processing of personal data for the above purpose is based on a statutory requirement.
- To identify and gather information about website visits. General data is recorded on the company’s website about any visits to it, including the IP address of your computer and the time that information is retrieved and the data that your browser sends. This data is used to analyse website visits and click behaviour on the website. Tecmate uses this information to improve the functioning of the website. Tecmate uses Google Analytics for this purpose. The information thus obtained, including the address of your computer (IP address), is transferred to and stored by Google on its servers. Google uses this information to keep track of how our website is used in order to be able to provide reports about the website to the Tecmate and information about the effectiveness of campaigns. Google may provide this information to third parties only when it is legally required to do so or insofar as these third parties process information on behalf of Google. Tecmate has no influence on this. Tecmate has not given Google permission to use any Analytics information obtained through the Tecmate for other Google services. The processing of personal data for the above purpose is based on legitimate need.
We use the data collected solely for the purposes for which we have obtained the data.
We process data that you as the data subject share when you become a customer or use our services. We also process personal data that has not been provided by you as the data subject, such as personal data that is provided concerning employees. The personal data may also come from public sources, such as the Crossroads Bank for Enterprises, the Belgian Official Gazette and its annexes, etc.
The provision of the data to third parties
- We may provide the information you provide to other parties if this is required by law and when it is permitted.
- We may provide the information you give us us to third parties if it is necessary for the purposes described above. In such cases, this forwarding of information is done within the context of your request or order.
- We may also share your personal data with third parties if you have given your consent for it. You have the right to revoke this consent at any time, without prejudice to the lawfulness of the processing prior to revocation of your consent.
- With the exception of the aforementioned cases, we shall never pass on personal data to other parties.
- We do not, under any circumstances, provide personal data to parties established outside the EU.
We do not, in any case, process the personal data of persons under 16 years of age.
Tecmate does not store personal data for any longer than necessary for the purpose for which it was provided and is required by law.
The execution of the agreement
The personal data is stored for one year after the periods laid down in the applicable legislation, such as accounting legislation and tax legislation.
Marketing & Communication
The personal data is stored for one year after the end of the business relationship with the customer.
The personal data is stored for the period that is necessary to answer any customer questions, after which, it is deleted.
The personal data is stored for a maximum of one year after the end of a legal dispute.
Detection and prevention of fraud
Personal data is stored in the context of the “money-laundering legislation” for up to ten years after the end of the business relationship with the customer.
To identify and gather information about website visits
Personal data for the aforementioned purpose is stored for a maximum of 2 years.
After the expiry of the aforementioned periods, the personal data is deleted, unless other applicable legislation provides for a longer retention period.
Protection of the data
We have taken appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your personal data against unlawful processing.
For example, we have adopted the following measures:
- All persons who have access to your data on behalf of Tecmate are bound by confidentiality
- We use a username and password policy on all our systems
- We make backups of personal data in order to be able to restore them in the event of physical or technical incidents
- We test and evaluate our measures regularly
- Everybody at Tecmate is informed about the importance of protecting personal data
- Our company buildings are secured by an alarm system.
Your rights regarding your data
You have the right to access, correct and remove the personal data that we have received from you. You can find our contact information at the top of this Privacy Statement. You may also object (oppose) the processing of your personal data (or a part thereof) by us or by one of our processors. You also have the right to have the data you provided transferred to you or directly to another party upon your request. We may ask you to provide proof of identity before we can accommodate such requests.
If you have a complaint about the processing of your personal data, we ask that you contact us immediately. You always have the right to submit a complaint to the Belgian Privacy Commission, the supervisory authority in the field of privacy protection.
Changes to the Privacy Statement
Tecmate may make changes to its Privacy Statement. We will announce any changes on our website.